Health & Fitness
New Year, New You: Whip Yourself Into Shape With These Effective Butt Toning Exercises
Give that booty the attention it deserves with these effective butt toning exercises
Welcome to 2016 ladies! How many New Year resolutions have you already broken? Don't worry too much about it – if the universe didn't want you to eat your own weight in crisps and chocolate, they wouldn't have made them so darn delicious.
If you feel like life is too short to give up all the delicious things in life, but you still want to maintain a pert and toned butt, you're going to have to get off the couch every now and then to whip that butt into shape. To take as much pain as possible out of the whole process, I have put together these effective workouts and butt toning exercises that can be done from the comfort of your own home...you're welcome.
So, put down the huge box of Christmas chocolates for just five minutes, and take one step closer to that Brazilian butt.
The plié is not just a training move for ballerinas, it is also is a great butt toning exercise that is likely to improve your balance, too. Plus it is super simple to do, and you will really feel it working.
- With your toes pointing outwards, stand with your legs just a bit wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms out in front of you in a right angle, parallel to the ground.
- Lower slowly into a squat, being sure to squeeze your glutes, as you do so. Go as low as you are able, without the knees moving forward of the toes – with simple exercises, good form is important.
- Repeat for 1 minute intervals, with 5 repetitions. Increase the number of repetitions as your strength improves.
It may sound sweet and super cute, but the rainbow is not all that adorable. The good news is that at the end of the rainbow is not a pot of gold, but a super perky butt. One of the more effective butt toning exercises goes like this:
- Get on all fours with knees hip width apart and palms flat on the floor, slightly forward of parallel to the shoulders.
- Pointing the toe and keeping your leg level with the spine, make rainbow arches with your leg, whilst squeezing the glutes and keeping stomach muscles tight.
- Repeat for 60 seconds before switching legs.
The Jumping Lunge
There was never going to be a butt workout without any sort of lunge or squat, but I have at least tried to include one that is a little bit more fun and dynamic, but just as effective...enjoy!
- Start off by standing with your feet together and hands on the hips.
- Go into a standard lunge, keeping your spine straight and the front knee at a 90 degree angle lining up with the ankle.
- Instead of switching lunge legs in the standard way, jump and switch the legs in mid air, and dip into the lunge upon landing.
- Continue for 60 second interals, and complete 5-10 repetitions depending on levels of strength and fitness.
Do all of these exercises 4-5 times a week, and you will be well on your way to a firmer, more toned butt. Remember, while it is important to be healthy, it is also important to be happy and comfortable in your own skin. Don't beat yourself up for not looking like overly photo-shopped imaged in magazines...instead, enjoy exercise and enjoy a little naughty treat too. Everything in moderation!