Four Healthy Options Under 200 Calories
Haven't quite reached your goal of shedding that holiday weight? Well, it's a no-brainer that eating healthier foods with less calories contributes to weight loss. So today I'm here to share four healthy options under 200 calories that I've tried because they're filling and easy to make (I've even included dessert)!
Try not to skip breakfast; you'll be famished by lunch time and more likely to eat more throughout the day. I like breakfast smoothies because they take less than 3 minutes to make and you start your day off with important vitamins and nutrients, which gives you a powerful energy boost. Give it a try, this is one healthy option under 200 calories that is simply addictive.
The Green Smoothie
Calories: 140 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g
I can't say how much I love avocados. Since I've incorporated avocados into my diet, I have less cravings and I feel full longer. If you know you'll be having a busy morning, I recommend whipping up a green smoothie.
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 handful of blueberries (adding any kind of berries makes it sweeter and masks the spinach taste)
- 1/4 cup of plain oatmeal
- A spoonful of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Place all items in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into your tumbler and drink it on your way to work!
Have a Power Lunch
For lunch you want to eat something good and filling. Avoid heavy meats and fried foods at lunch time, they make you feel lethargic during digestion.
Hearty Chicken Soup
Calories: 149 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g
Soup is my savior! I love this hearty chicken soup recipe because you can add a bunch of cool stuff into it and it's another healthy option under 200 calories.
- 2 pounds cut up chicken breasts, thawed, skinless, and boneless
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped, Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, broken into small pieces
Add all ingredients, except the broken spaghetti, in a boiling pot of the chicken broth. Boil for 20 minutes or until carrots are soft. Add the broken spaghetti, and boil for another 10 minutes. Serve in a bowl.
Have a Divine Dinner
Wind down for the evening and have a delicious dinner with this healthy fish option under 200 calories.
Thai-Style Steamed Salmon
Calories: 199 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g
Add a little Thai to your dinner repertoire and enjoy a little spicy action.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 small knob of fresh root ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small red chili seeded and cut
- grate juice from 1 lime
- 3 baby pak choi each quartered length ways
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Place the salmon fillets on a square of foil and place the ginger, garlic, chilli and lime zest over them. Then scatter the pieces of pak choi around the fish.
- Pour the soy sauce over the pak choi and loosely seal the foil to make a package.
- Close up the foil package, leave a little space for air, then steam for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the foil and serve on a plate. Add a little brown rice for a side dish.
Don't Forget Dessert
Finally, the best part - dessert! I love these cheesecake treats. They are so creamy, filling and, delicious. Pair with a cup of coffee or tea.
Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
Calories: 138 | Total fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh whole blueberries
- 8 mini jars
- Add cream cheese, yogurt and lemon juice, in a mix bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries.
- Add 1/2 cheesecake & yogurt batter to individual mini jars
- Add one additional layer of blueberries
- Refrigerate 2 -3 hours before serving.
Are there any low-calorie recipes you want to share? Do you have any low-calorie meals that you swear by? If so, tell us about why it works for you!